Skip to main content

The Journey: Becoming Fully Alive


A new transition has put me in a new mindset. Finding myself out of a job, and with my sister doing Missions work in the Dominican Republic, I have a new resolve.

I'm reading some books & gaining insight which is shaping the opinion in me that I need to care. I need to care more than I've ever cared before; for my own health and well-being.

When put through life's challenges, I need to have the courage to stand behind my own convictions, my own beliefs, my principles. The people I've called friends in my youth are gone. All but Dave. It is here with one friend, a family who has their own trust issues and siblings struggling to find their way in a world stiffed by corporate greed, and misinformation.

Colossians 2: 6-15 6 Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him,7 rooted and built up in him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving.  
8 See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spiritst of the world, and not according to Christ.9 For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily, 10  and you have been filled in him, who is the head of all rule and authority. 11 In him also you were circumcised with a circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ, 12 having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through faith in the powerful working of God, who raised him from the dead. 13 And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses, 14 by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross. 15 He disarmed the rulers and authorities and put them to open shame, by triumphing over them in him.

My goal is to stand firm, to become a true and decisive man of God. As I read my devotionals, and tap into the Word of God, through my Bible, I know that in the past I have wavered. It is my hope that I can put together my own devotions and words, praise and perseverance towards the will of God. So that like Oswald Chambers, I may be renewed through understanding God's plan, and having his peace and grace cover me. Throughout my life I have often chose comfort over doing the right thing. I have chosen not to say something when I should have testified.

Job 34: 1-10 1 Then Elihu answered and said:
2 "Hear my words, you wise men,
and give ear to me, you who know;
3 for the ear tests words
as the palate tastes food.
4 Let us choose what is right;
let us know among ourselves what is good.
5 For Job has said, 'I am in the right,
and God has taken away my right;
6 in spite of my right I am counted a liar;
my wound is incurable, though I am without transgression.'
7 What man is like Job,
who drinks up scoffing like water,
8 who travels in company with evildoers
and walks with wicked men?
9 For he has said, 'It profits a man nothing
that he should take delight in God.'

When God has sought me out for challenging and worthwhile ways to glorify His name, many times I have rationalized why I should take the easy way out. Now that I am in my mid thirties, I want to find and build healthy relationships with good upstanding people. I aim to find a woman who is good and kind and beautiful to be my wife. Until, I do find her, I'll have to be careful in my dating life to seek out positive and uplifting interactions with women, so as to maintain an honorable and ethical sense of self. This is beneficial. It only because it will help me find people who love and respect God and people. The Journey ... I will take through written word and careful contemplation of the scriptures and Jesus' teachings.

I'll pour my heart out; struggle with ethics, and ponder how I can become a better man. You are welcome to join me via the comments section, by providing Biblical passages, or helpful advice along the way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Congruent: A Response to FB Red Equal Symbol Marriage Equality Profile Picture Protest

Some good points on redefining marriage. I saw everyone changing their FB picture to the red equal symbol, and so I decided to change mine to the "not congruent" symbol. I used white text in a slate black field.  http://s3.amazonaws.com/thf_media/2013/pdf/bg2775.pdf

Faith: Small As A Mustard Seed

Matthew 17: 16-21 16  And I brought him to your disciples, and they could not heal him."  17  And Jesus answered,  "O faithless and twisted generation, how long am I to be with you? How long am I to bear with you? Bring him here to me."   18  And Jesus rebuked the demon, and it came out of him, and the boy was healed instantly.  19  Then the disciples came to Jesus privately and said, "Why could we not cast it out?"  20  He said to them,  "Because of your little faith. For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you."

12 Tribes Means Different Inter-connective Ways To Be Christ-like.

i had a kind of realization today that God works through people. And rather than having monocultures, or having people all act the same, all grasping onto the same way of doing things, the Almighty is at work through many different ways in everyone's life. We have to come to terms with His love in our own time, and in our own way, but there were 12 tribes for a reason, and each disciple was very different in his and her personality, persona and each had a different relationship with Jesus. i think today i realized that we aren't going to fully understand the interconnectivity of it all, until ultimately we get it explained to us in heaven. What can i do with this information? And how much of an epiphany is this anyway. Well, it gives me the power to forgive with an incredible amount of energy because i don't need to figure out what the other person is working on or how God is working within their life. I just need to make sure that I am working with God in my life. I n